Molagai Podi or Molgapudi is a powder-style South Indian chutney substitute! It’s a coarse mixture of spices and ground lentils. Each South Indian family have their own variation of this flavour bomb. Molgapudi is usually used as a side dish for elevating the taste and flavor of staple South Indian foods like idlis, dosas, vada or even hot rice.
By drizzling some desi ghee or sesame (til) oil, you can instantly turn the powder into a moist, thick paste. Perfect for slathering onto roasted idli or as a dip to go with your favorite foods.
Made using our homemade, authentic recipe, we ensure that this Molgapudi is delicious. Enjoy the taste of South India no matter where you are!
Flavourful, spicy, chutney powder.
- Molagai podi/powder as a side dish for Idly and Dosa
- Traditional 100% Homemade Karam powder from TamilNadu
- For best results empty contents into an airtight stainless steel container
- Serve Gun powder with warm Ghee or Til oil for best results
- No added flavors or preservatives
Made with: Bengal gram, urud dal, methi, red chillies, hing, salt.
Shanti’s suggestion: This makes a great accompaniment for idli, dosa, roti etc. just mix it with ghee and dip in a hot dosa for incredible taste.